November 12, 2008

you have my attention.

i have been learning a lot lately. i am starting to see the opportunities that the Lord has placed before me so i can be taught to be more like Him and i can learn to repent & believe. lovely. He has my attention.

some of my favorite blessings:
  1. bright-colored clothing on gray days.
  2. ozone alums--trumbo and mo.
  3. common grounds coffee (in fayetteville & waco).
  4. thai food.
  5. learning about forgiveness.
  6. color-coded plans for the future.
  7. painting.
  8. rekindled heart for photography.
  9. tickle fights.
  10. texas roadtrips.
  11. chaco's.
  12. barnes & noble.
  13. coming back to a clean room.
  14. fall leaves.
  15. sunshine peeping through the clouds.
  16. four-day weekends.
  17. dave barnes.
  18. people-watching.
  19. engagements & weddings.
  20. laughing to the point of hyperventilation.
  21. JBU friends on a saturday evening.
  22. precious kids of all ages.
  23. camp ministry.
  24. love, love, love.
  25. cupid shuffle.
  26. skype.
  27. handwritten letters & packages.
  28. good neighbors.
  29. cooking dinner and dessert.
  30. late-evening-becoming-day conversations.
  31. the lack of small talk.
  32. future husband journal.
  33. the song "overwhelm me."
  34. the rose vendor downtown dallas with coop.
  35. afternoon naps.
  36. finding the right scripture for the right time.
  37. laughing with my ozone girls.
and the end of the list for now, #38: poetry on faith and trust.

"child of My Love. lean hard.
let Me feel the pressure of your care.
I know your burden, child. I shaped it--
I poised it in My own hand and
made no proportion of its weight to your unaided strength.
for even as I laid it on, I said I shall be near,
and while she leans on Me, this burden shall be Mine, not hers.
so shall I keep My child within the circling arms of My own love.
here, lay it down. do not fear to impose it
on a shoulder which upholds the government of worlds.
yet closer come. you are not near enough.
I would embrace your burden,
so I might feel My child reposing on My breast.
you love Me. I know it.
doubt not, then. but, loving me, lean hard."

No comments: